Friday, December 19, 2008

History - Knit-a-Thon 11/29/08


Saturday, Nov. 29th (After Thanksgiving) was the first Knit-a-Thon.  It was to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Fund.  The place was the West Wing of South Coast Plaza (the part that used to be known as Crystal Court).  The party was from 10am to 6pm.  I'd signed up for the 10am to noon shift.  I got there a bit early so I could get a coffee drink.  I was one of the first to arrive.  We all received a bag of coupons from South Coast Plaza, including a $5 gift certificate from Spa Gregories one of the main sponsors of the Knit-a-Thon.  Kathy Leek, who works for Spa Gregories, organized the event.
Here's the story in the OC Register.
I had made a couple of small hats that I finished at the event.  Then I started and mostly finished a pair of hand-warmers.  Kathy wanted the hand-warmers for herself, and she didn't want the ends woven in, so I gave them to her as is.  I ended up staying until about 4pm.  It was a great day.  I met quite a few nice knitters, and got a couple of ideas for scarves.  Most of the other knitters were making scarves, as that was supposed to be the item to make.  Since I didn't get that memo, I made hats.

No comments: