Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend - Ravenclaw dinner, Knitting Group

Saturday was the Ravenclaw dinner organized by Nigel (our fearless Quidditch captain).  Present were Nigel, Jessie (his wife and a Gryffindor), Magical Baby Creature Rio, Jim (Chaser), Renata (Head of Ravenclaw) and myself.  We had a dinner of appetizers and desserts (yum) at the Slidebar in Fullerton.  It was a very nice evening.
Sunday was the knitting group's first meeting at Panera Bread in Fullerton.  We'd been meeting at the Brownstone Cafe in Fullerton, however with a broken espresso machine, off/on salsa, etc. we decided it was time to try other venues.  I liked the Panera Bread restaurant - I just have to remember to get there before 11am if I want any breakfast items.  (I really want to try the 4 cheese egg souffle - it sounds very decadent).  Anne was already there when I arrived, we were joined by Kniterotica, along with 2 others (1 whose name I didn't catch, and 1 whose name I will leave off to help preserve her anonymity)  :-).  I got a lot of knitting done on my seafoam/drop stitch scarf for the waitress Jackie at the Brownstone.  All in all, a most productive meeting.
Now, I'm working on my scarf for my barista at Starbucks.  I tried the seafoam stitch with a sock yarn, but didn't like the look, so I searched my stash again and came up with 2 skeins of Meditation by Skacel in a brownish/pink/metallic colorway.  So, I'm doing a basic K2, Yo scarf with that.  I wound my yarn to make the Mermaid neckwarmer (pattern by Anne from Handicraft Cafe), but I haven't started it yet.  Yarn by Zona (Twirlgirl Fibers).

No comments: